Monday, September 8, 2008

Journal Entry #1

Once I had a multi-cultural English class where the teacher made us write about the culture of our country. I am from Venezuela therefore I had to write the culture of my country. The reason he made us write an essays was because English is not our main language so he wanted us to practice writing. I think the essay is consider documentary because it's based on a country's culture. The audience was the teacher and the other students because when the teacher graded it and hand it out to us again, he would give us another sheet with some of my own and others student's mistakes. For that reason the students get to know a little bit of what you wrote. When the teacher read my paper I wanted him to feel full knowledge about my country's culture and I didn't want to miss I thing about it so I wanted to cover everything. I feel I accomplish my purpose because I got an A on the essay and the teacher was actually interested about it and he later asked questions about my country. I wrote what I've lived and all my experiences I've had in my country. I wrote what I learned at school and what I've seen of the culture. Thinking about my writing is a respond to a "rhetorical situation" because I brought together all my ideas and knowledge about my country's culture and it makes it even special to me because it is from where I grew and what I saw all my life.

No comments: